Quote


"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire"
- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Be Better Today

Be better today: it's something I have to remind myself to do daily. I'm a planner by nature by my fault is that I sometimes look so far into the future that I overlook today. Dealing with change is a challenge of teaching. Those of us that strive to improve have an added burden in that we create much of the change ourselves. Constantly tweaking, adjusting, or flat out changing a lesson to try and make it a little (or a lot) better. So much to do, so little time to do it and it's all in the name of designing an engaging classroom for our students. Gone are the days of having a binder of lessons that teachers can recycle year-to-year. I'm quickly learning that change is not always about improving, sometimes it's just about keeping up. That's why I have to be better today. Planning for next year may only leave me a little behind. My students deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment